Apricot Salsa Chicken is a quick and easy stovetop chicken breast recipe. The pan-fried skillet chicken gets smothered in a delicious two-ingredient sauce. And the entire recipe takes no more than 30 minutes to prepare.
This is one of those recipes that my family has enjoyed for years! As long as you have a big enough skillet to accommodate everyone’s chicken breast, this Apricot Salsa Chicken recipe will come together quickly for you and yours. Even though this is a 4 – serving recipe, the measurements are only moderately important. It’s easy to just mix together more sauce or more chicken coating as needed.
Apricot Salsa Chicken is a nice combo of sweet and spicy. And since the spicy comes from the salsa, it’s easy to control the heat and adjust the recipe to your family’s preferences.
The sweetness is also entirely in your control! Just adjust the amount of apricot preserves to suit your taste. And of course, you could just dump on pure salsa for the most healthy option. Or leave out the salsa if you desire something more like orange chicken without the zing.
But this recipe for Apricot Salsa Chicken is the balance of sweet and spicy that I prefer. Sometimes I use a mild salsa and sometimes a medium, but I’m sure that a hotter salsa is equally delectable!
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 4 6oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16oz salsa
- 12oz apricot preserves
- In a shallow bowl, stir together flour and spices. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture and place in hot skillet. Brown chicken well (3-4 minutes each side) and then remove and keep warm.
- Drain oil from the skillet and return to heat. Add salsa and preserves. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and return chicken to the skillet. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1548mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 57g
As yummy as it looks! Are you planning to make this super simple chicken dinner? I’d love to have you rate and review.