Garlic Lover’s Chicken is one of those simple and delicious dishes that has become a regular favorite. Nothing difficult, but you can make these chicken breasts part of your simple fare or feature them in an elegant dinner. They are that versatile.
What makes this chicken so wonderful? Probably butter. And garlic. The Italian seasoned breading flavors the chicken breasts so lightly and then buttery garlic sauce keeps it moist in the oven.
Chicken breasts are so easy to bake! Just be sure to trim all the remaining skin and fat off the raw chicken (sharp knives are a must!), top them with anything delicious and throw them in the oven! These tasty breasts are, of course, breaded first, and then the garlic sauce is drizzled over them.
Our local grocery sells very large chicken breasts. To prepare them for baking, I like to slice them in half lengthwise. This makes a better serving size and ensures that my chicken is cooked completely. If in doubt, you should check the internal temperature of your chicken using a cooking thermometor. Safe cooking practices suggest a temperature of 165°F for chicken breast.
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 - 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine breading ingredients in a shallow bowl: bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into a separate shallow bowl.
- If chicken breasts are thick, pound them slightly so they are no more than 1/2 inch. Dip chicken first into the milk, then dredge on both sides with bread crumbs. Place into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 829mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g
You can serve this chicken with just about anything. I have it pictured here with roasted potatoes and a garden salad.
It’s also great served with Sauteed Zucchini and Corn.