Quick Teriyaki Stir Fry is so festive and colorful! A homemade teriyaki sauce can convince your family that veggies are not so bad, and everyone wins when adults and children leave the table satisfied. This easy teriyaki recipe and post are shared from December 29, 2017 from my previous site, Life Over Lunch.
I love meals that come together quickly! This one is so tasty and satisfying with its crisp veggies and wonderful homemade teriyaki sauce! Make this with chicken, beef or tofu and swap out veggies as you wish, but the method and the sauce are the anchor of this fast and delicious one-bowl dinner. You can see I’ve made it with baby corn as well in my cover picture.
Holidays and Asian food just seem to go together. Maybe because of turkey fiascoes caused by Bumpus’ dogs in “A Christmas Story”. Maybe because Asian food was such a rare treat growing up in the Midwest. As your holidays wind up and the New Year begins. I hope you and your family will find a little teriyaki on your menu!
This sauce is as simple as cooking the ingredients over medium heat for a couple minutes. Then stir fry, first the meat, and then the veggies, and combine everything together in the skillet! Yummy and colorful!
Quick Teriyaki Stir Fry
Use chicken, beef or tofu in this stir fry chockful of colorful vegetables and covered in delicious homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced raw beef or chicken
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems removed and florets thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium low heat until the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- In a large skillet, stir fry meat in one tablespoon of oil over medium high heat until no longer pink. Remove meat from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet and stir fry veggies over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally until tender crisp.
- Add sauce and chicken to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve over warm rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1475mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 34g
Hope you’ll love sharing this easy Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe with your friends and family in the New Year! If you love that this post is short, please show your appreciation by commenting below. Long recipe posts with a lot of blah, blah, blah tend to score higher with their SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You can help me beat the system and be seen by more readers simply by sharing, rating and commenting!
This Post Has 2 Comments
Sounds yummy! And just in time for Chinese New Year! 😉
I know! I think I need to make more this week!